Chantecaille is a brand most noted for its extraordinary alliance of nature and science. As a runner and yoga teacher, I usually don’t wear a lot of make up but do have special occasions when smoothing out the skin tones works especially well for certain events. Chantecaille (pronounced Cahn-ta-ki …long i) offered me a free spa facial so I gladly accepted and scheduled the appointment. Once I arrived after running Mom errands and cleaning off a ketchup stain from my jeans, I swiftly glided on over to a decadent Chantecaille counter at the Neiman Marcus ready to be pampered.
The esthetician introduced herself to me. We walked over to a private room decorated with hot pink rose petals. (How romantic I thought but, then reminded myself this is facial, not a romantic stay with my hubby but the roses are part of the formulation :D.) Anyway, the most notable skin care products in order of application include their Rice & Geranium cleanser, Rose water as a toner, Bamboo exfoliance, Detox Clay Mask, real Gold Eye Serum (they actually use real gold as part of the formulation) and Stress Repair for the eyes and then, top off with Harmonizing Cream.
Now, the good stuff for a bit of facial transformation! The skin care lady transferred me to make up counter to meet the make up artist. The makeup artist from Boston prepped my skin with Primer then matched my skin to awesome Oil-Free gel foundation in Banana. I have more yellow undertones than red tones. Try SunTan if you need more red under tones. Both SunTan and Banana are for darker skin tones.
Here is what I love about the foundation. The high performance foundation feels light, airy and effortless. I strongly encourage this one for those who prefer oil-free light-weight foundation for the face. Produced in Japan.
An oil-free gel foundation that has the unique ability to transfer water into the skin without the use of any oil. The formula provides adjustable coverage (medium to full) thanks to light-reflective circular pigment that eases the appearance of flaws.
• Innovative oil-free gel foundation with refreshing, lightweight texture
• Light-reflective circular pigment provides adjustable coverage
• Contains 60% charged water and seaweed
• Protective field prevents water evaporation, blocks environmental oxidation
• Aloe, Chamomile and Arnica work to calm irritation and soothe sensitive skin
• Natto gum, a soybean-derived phyto-collagen is a natural emulsifier used in this process. Clinical evidence shows that after consistent 7-day usage, there is a 26% reduction in sebum production
• Rosemary, Green Tea and Rice Bran boost the immune system and help prevent oxidation
Honesty, I am not sure why people give me free stuff. I just try to give good vibes with a sense of humor and be a good listener. Hope you enjoyed this week’s blog about the upscale beauty brand, Chantecaille.
Dena Dodd Perry
Founder of Yogashero
Leave a Reply