Sustainability Is Life..
Let’s be strong and powerful like your ☕️ coffee this morning and read on….
Yes. Wait. It’s been a long minute since I last posted….and you probably have travel plans.
NOTE TO SELF: Cancel travel plans? We may be a little overwhelmed right now. Remember, just keep your mask on indoors and get tested before seeing any grandparents. We love them. Get tested because of the grandparents. Many towns now have free testing centers. It’s your time to lean into selflessness and get vaccinated in case you have not done so. We can do this together without fear and trust the science. Unless your plan is to stay close to home and stay clean, then circumstances are a bit easier. If you are traveling, you can travel safely by taking these precautions and have some peace of mind. 😆 Okay! Enough of my principled but mindful thoughts as a certified Christian yoga instructor, engineer, and mother of three.
Clean sustainability care is self-care, especially during a pandemic. If you have been following me for a while, you know that beauty and health can be good for you as well as for the planet. Given our current state of affairs, it’s no-brainer for gifting blog ideas. 🧠
Tis’ the season for a packed schedule and better gifts, and you deserve all the pampering. These gift sets understand the ambitious clean assignments.
I am so excited 🎯 to share with you my most practical, yet sustainable gift ideas for you or your loved ones. My degree is in Industrial Engineering. As some of you may know, I am also certified in corporate social responsibility from Pepperdine University.
Sustainability Has Guiding Principles
My specialty is the economics of shifting to a more efficient means of production of clean, simple products like:
- Natural fibers like cotton instead of polyester and bio-safe ingredients;
- Non-plastics, responsibly sourced products; and
- Biodegradable, reusable, or compostable-oriented packaging.
This is a long-term passion of mine as I was the kid creating totes in Detroit from automotive air bags in the 1980s. 😍 Lol. I predicted that industrial pollution might be a long-term problem for the planet. I garnered at least 3-gold ribbon awards for my research in sustainability. Later, won commercial research awards with identifying urban food desserts on the south side of Chicago. Nothing is new. Enough of the expertise…
My TOP 5 Sustainable Self Care Finds for 2022
Created by Mother-Approved Products, Inc., here are my TOP 5 Sustainable Self Care Finds for the 2022 Holiday season:
- Reusable Cotton Pads – Why? These pillowy pads address the reusable and biodegradable principles as discussed above. Your face and the planet will thank you for this clean beauty swap. Shop here.
- Earthling Shampoo Bars – Why? The cosmetics industry is big contributor, not the only contributor, to the plastics wastelands due to the single-use components of sampling and plastic packaging in general. Try swapping out old plastic products to packaging without liquids. I love the aromas of Citrus Sun and Cool Breeze. Get with the cleaner program, shop here
- Volcanic Rock Soulmates – Why? Your feet will be so happy, soft and supple. The volcanic texture will smooth away any flaky, dead skin down there. Not to be OCD, but I am obsessed with getting rid of dry, flaky dead skin. Try using more reusable products. This one is called Soulmates Exfoliating Duo. Shop here.
- Branch Basics – Why toss the toxins? The founders are all mothers who wanted to create bio-safer cleaning products with an oxygen boost for your home. These grease-destroyer products really work exceptionally well for cleaning surfaces or for laundry. For cleaning, you’ll be shipped the concentrate and just mix with water, about 80/20 water/concentrate split, respectively. Power up on Branch Basics. Shop here.
- Pop-N-Go – Why? I founded Pop-N-Go after realizing there wasn’t a way to look attractive or chic after leaving the hair salon on a rainy day. No more plastic Ol’ granny rain bonnet here. Available on my website. Shop here.
Are you sustainable ready? Hope this inspires you. Share these worthy to be praised products with your child. In any case, I am wishing you and your family a joyous, healthy, and happy holiday season. Hope you will join me on my life-time sustainability crusade. Sending you peace and love always. Have a question? Email me at Dena@DenaDodd.com.❤️